Palm Coast Motor Vehicle Accident Attorney
Motor Vehicle Accident Attorneys in Flagler County and Volusia County
At Chiumento Selis Dwyer P.L., we represent residents of Flagler County & Volusia County. We help people injured in motor vehicle accidents through the negligence others. Our lawyers have been recovering substantial compensation for traffic accident victims for more than 40 years. You can rely on our firm to provide experienced and effective representation. If you have injuries from a motor vehicle crash that was not your fault, you have turned to the right firm for help.
Types of Vehicle Accidents
Traffic crashes can happen to even the most diligent drivers. Although you are driving safely and responsibly, you will likely meet distracted, intoxicated, or aggressive drivers on the road. Accidents are unfortunately unavoidable and can forever change your life. Common types of motor vehicle accidents include:
- Rear-end collisions: When drivers tailgate or follow too closely, rear-end collisions can occur when the driver in front has to suddenly apply the brakes and gets slammed by the vehicle behind them.
- Side impact or T-bone collisions: When one vehicle hits another on the side at a more-or-less right angle, it is known as a T-bone collision. This type of accident can cause serious injuries to occupants on the side of impact, as the door of a vehicle provides little protection compared to the front or the rear of a vehicle.
- Head-on collisions: When two vehicles collide head on, the force of impact is doubled and serious or fatal injuries can result. Fatalities are not uncommon with this type of accident.
- Side swipe accidents: When two traveling parallel vehicles touch, a side swipe accident has occurred. Damage is minor in many cases, but in other cases, the impact causes a driver to lose control of the vehicle and serious injuries can result.
- Single vehicle accidents: This type of accident occurs when a single vehicle strikes an object, such as a tree or a wall, or a pedestrian or bystander. Pedestrians are completely unprotected in this type of collision.
- Vehicle rollovers: Rollovers most commonly occur with SUVs because of their high center of gravity. The vehicle flips over onto a side or the roof, which can cause serious injuries to vehicle occupants.
Injuries from Motor Vehicle Accidents
Depending on the circumstances, virtually any part of the body can be injured in a motor vehicle collision. Injuries to the head, face, neck, back, arms, hands, wrists, and knees are common in car accidents.
Motorcycle riders lack the protection of an enclosed vehicle, and they are often thrown from the bike in a collision. Riders frequently suffer head injuries, muscle damage, injuries to the legs, knees, feet, hands, and arms, and road rash – skin injuries caused by sliding across the pavement when the rider is thrown from the bike.
Traffic crashes involving passenger vehicles and large commercial trucks often result in serious or catastrophic injuries to passenger vehicle occupants, mainly because of the vast difference in size and weight between the two types of vehicles. Any type of motor vehicle crash can be severe enough to result in wrongful death.
Call Our Palm Coast/Ormond Beach Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident caused by someone else’s negligence, call our Palm Coast accident lawyers at Chiumento Selis Dwyer P.L. When you work with our firm, you can have confidence that we will thoroughly investigate your accident and aggressively pursue the compensation you are entitled to receive.
- NHTSA: Quick Facts 2013