Ron A. Hertel
Ron A. Hertel received a Bachelor of Arts in Education from the University of North Florida, and his law degree from College of Law at Florida International University.
Since he was 11 years old, Ron lived in Flagler County until graduating from Flagler Palm Coast High School in 1993. He received a Bachelor of Arts in Education from the University of North Florida, and began teaching high school mathematics immediately thereafter. Next, Ron’s hobby of tinkering with computers and their networks led to his quick rise as the chief IT administrator for the University of Florida’s Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition and later to CIO for a large real estate development company. Feeling unchallenged by IT work, Ron entered the College of Law at Florida International University, soon graduating in the shortest time permitted by the Florida Bar Association.
Ron’s career in law began at a prestigious, downtown Miami law firm, but he returned to Flagler County in 2009 to be closer to his family, to practice law in his hometown, and to serve the local community as it evolves and grows.
Areas of Practice
Since working as a law clerk while attending law school, Ron’s has focused his practice on litigating civil matters-primarily commercial litigation. Whether engaged in the dissolution of multi-million dollar partnerships, construction and mortgage lien foreclosures, defamation disputes, international trade disputes, or even small claims landlord/tenant actions, Ron has been committed to the efficient, effective, and ethical pursuit of his clients’ interests in a variety of business related disputes.
Since entering the practice of law, Ron has represented clients in both interlocutory and final appellate matters, from the drafting of appellate briefs to oral argument before the courts of appeals.
Contested Probate and Guardianship Cases
Aside from business/commercial matters, Ron has also prevailed in family matters such as contested mental health determinations, guardianships, presumptive deaths, and probate estates.
Corporate General Counsel
Ron’s experience in a wide range of business matters enables him to provide knowledgeable counsel in matters such as contract drafting, including internet “click-thru” contracts, trademark and copyright registrations, condominium and homeowner’s association matters, and document review, to name a few.
- President-Elect-Flagler County Bar Association (2013-Present): Ron will assume the office of president of the Flagler County Bar Association in 2015. In his past and future capacities with the Bar, Ron has sought to bridge the divide that often separates the legal community from the members of the judiciary in an effort to bring greater efficiency and service to the public as a whole.
- Board Director- Flagler County Chamber of Commerce Affiliate, Young Professionals Group (2012-Present): Ron assisted the Young Professionals group (YPG) by serving on its board since its merger into the Flagler County Chamber of Commerce in 2012. As a board member Ron has sought to increase opportunities for both young and future business leaders of Flagler County.
- Lecturer – Flagler County Association of Realtors: Ron has given several lectures before the Flagler County Association of Realtors (FCAR) as part of an ongoing effort to educate the Realtor community in Flagler County on changes in the law which affect it.
- 40 Under 40 Award – Volusia /Flagler Business Journal, 2014
- Business Person of the Year – Young professionals Group of Flagler County, a Flagler County Chamber of Commerce Affiliate, 2012
To review Ron A. Hertel, please visit: www.avvo.com.